Monday, January 16, 2017

Brene Brown TED Talk

As I was listening to the TED talk these are what I found interesting to me or things that just popped out at me then stuck till I wrote them down.


We are all vulnerable to what we see in the media.
In order to create, innovate we need to be vulnerable.


Shame and vulnerabilities are connected.


Now connecting this to the magazine activity, we are all vulnerable in our own ways and sometimes that might come in the shape of a magazine. What we see on the covers might pique our interests or have an interesting word that makes it so we pick it up, but it then shows us (or at least the girls magazines I feel) what is wrong with us and how to fix it. Maybe showing us in our state of vulnerability that we aren't perfect and this is how things need to be or should change to. Then that gets us thinking and worrying and hating that one piece that we've been told is broken or not pretty enough that needs to be fixed, when in all reality we are perfect! Just like in the song "Scars to your beautiful" By Alessia Cara "You should know you're beautiful just the way you are. . . Let me be your mirror, help you see a little bit clearer The light that shines within There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark You should know you're beautiful just the way you are And you don't have to change a thing". Because it's true we are all beautiful and sometimes we just need a reminder of that fact, whether it be from a loved one or a friend sometimes even hearing it from a stranger helps us feel a bit better. So from me to you YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! So from me know that you are enough and you are awesome stay beautiful and yourself. Don't change for someone else if you really want to change starts with you! Change because you want to not because someone said you should or needed to. Become comfortable in your own skin. I know I am so I hope you can be too.

A link to the video in case you want to watch it.

https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame

1 comment:

  1. I like your take on the message very much. It's very similar to mine, and it's important to make sure other people know that they are amazing in their own ways.

    ReplyDelete